ap collector visualizes data related to access points.
It does the following:
iw devsearching for interfaces that have
From the same output it collects the SSIDs each AP supports by looking for lines
For each interface found, it runs
iw INTERFACE station dump.
From the output is collects:
- rx/tx bytes
- rx/tx packets
- tx retries
- tx failed
- signal strength
- rx/tx bitrate
- expected throughput
For each interface found, it creates 6 charts:
- Number of Connected clients
- Bandwidth for all clients
- Packets for all clients
- Transmit Issues for all clients
- Average Signal among all clients
- Average Bitrate (including average expected throughput) among all clients
charts.d/ap.conf configuration file using
edit-config from the Netdata config
directory, which is typically at
You can only set
ap_update_every=NUMBER to change the data collection frequency.
The plugin is able to auto-detect if you are running access points on your linux box.