Bind9 (or named) is a very flexible, full-featured DNS system.
This module will monitor one or more
Bind9 servers, depending on your configuration.
bindversion 9.9+ with configured
For detail information on how to get your bind installation ready, please refer to the following articles:
Normally, you will need something like this in your
It produces the following charts:
- Global Received Requests by IP version (IPv4, IPv6) in
- Global Successful Queries in
- Global Recursive Clients in
- Global Queries by IP Protocol (TCP, UDP) in
- Global Queries Analysis in
- Global Received Updates in
- Global Query Failures in
- Global Query Failures Analysis in
- Global Server Statistics in
- Global Incoming Requests by OpCode in
- Global Incoming Requests by Query Type in
Per View Statistics (the following set will be added for each bind view):
- Resolver Active Queries in
- Resolver Statistics in
- Resolver Round Trip Time in
- Resolver Requests by Query Type in
- Resolver Cache Hits in
go.d/bind.conf configuration file using
edit-config from the your agent's config
directory, which is typically at
url. Here is an example for several servers:
View filter syntax: simple patterns.
For all available options please see module configuration file.
Ensure that the
statistics-channels feature is configured correctly.
Run following command:
It should print out a bunch of info about the statistics of the server.
Check the module debug output. Run the following command as
./go.d.plugin -d -m bind