Manage alert notification silencing rules
From the Cloud interface, you can manage your space's alert notification silencing rules settings as well as allow users to define their personal ones.
To manage space's alert notification silencing rule settings, you will need the following:
- A Netdata Cloud account
- Access to the space as an administrator or manager (troubleshooters can only view space rules)
To manage your personal alert notification silencing rule settings, you will need the following:
- A Netdata Cloud account
- Access to the space with any roles except billing
- Click on the Space settings cog (located above your profile icon)
- Click on the Alert & Notification tab on the left hand-side
- Click on the Notification Silencing Rules tab
- You will be presented with a table of the configured alert notification silencing rules for:
the space (if aren't an observer)
You will be able to:
- Add a new alert notification silencing rule configuration.
- Choose if it applies to All users or Myself (All users is only available for administrators and managers)
- You need to provide a name for the configuration so you can easily refer to it
- Define criteria for Nodes: To which Rooms will this apply? What Nodes? Does it apply to host labels key-value pairs?
- Define criteria for Alerts: Which alert name is being targeted? What alert context? Will it apply to a specific alert role?
- Define when it will be applied:
- Immediately, from now till until it is turned off or until a specific duration (start and end date automatically set)
- Scheduled, you specify the start and end time for when the rule becomes active and then inactive (time is set according to your browser local timezone) Note: You are only able to add a rule if your space is on a paid plan.
- Edit an existing alert notification silencing rule configurations. You will be able to change:
- The name provided for it
- Who it applies to
- Selection criteria for Nodes and Alert
- When it will be applied
- Enable/Disable a given alert notification silencing rule configuration.
- Use the toggle to enable or disable
- Delete an existing alert notification silencing rule.
- Use the trash icon to delete your configuration
Silencing rules examples
|Rule name||War Rooms||Nodes||Host Label||Alert name||Alert context||Alert role||Description|
|Space silencing||All Rooms||*||*||*||*||*||This rule silences the entire space, targets all nodes and for all users. E.g. infrastructure wide maintenance window.|
|DB Servers Rooms||PostgreSQL Servers||*||*||*||*||*||This rules silences the nodes in the room named PostgreSQL Servers, for example it doesn't silence the |
|Node child1||All Rooms||*||*||*||*||This rule silences all alert state transitions for node |
|Production nodes||All Rooms||*||*||*||*||This rule silences all alert state transitions for nodes with the host label key-value pair |
|Third party maintenance||All Rooms||*||*||*||*||This rule silences this specific alert since third party partner will be undergoing maintenance.|
|Intended stress usage on CPU||All Rooms||*||*||*||*||This rule silences specific alerts across all nodes and their CPU cores.|
|Silence role webmaster||All Rooms||*||*||*||*||This rule silences all alerts configured with the role |
|Silence alert on node||All Rooms||*||*||*||This rule silences the specific alert on the |
Do you have any feedback for this page? If so, you can open a new issue on our netdata/learn repository.