This plugin monitors the system kernel clock synchronization state.
This plugin creates the following charts:
- System clock synchronization state according to the system kernel
- System clock status which gives the value of the
time_statusvariable in the kernel
- Computed time offset between local system and reference clock
This is obtained from the information provided by the ntp_adjtime() system call. An unsynchronized clock may indicate a hardware clock error, or an issue with UTC synchronization.
netdata.conf configuration file using
edit-config from the Netdata config directory, which is typically at
Scroll down to the
[plugin:timex] section to find the available options:
# update every = 1
# clock synchronization state = yes
# time offset = yes
Was this page helpful?
Need more help?
- Join our community
- Submit a bug or feature request for the FOSS agent
- Submit a bug or feature request for the Netdata cloud