Slack agent alert notifications
This is what you will get:
- The incoming webhook URL as given by slack.com. You can use the same on all your Netdata servers (or you can have multiple if you like - your decision).
- One or more channels to post the messages to.
To get a webhook that works on multiple channels, you will need to login to your slack.com workspace and create an incoming webhook using the Incoming Webhooks App. Do NOT use the instructions in https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks#enable_webhooks, as the particular webhooks work only for a single channel.
Set the webhook and the recipients in
/etc/netdata/health_alarm_notify.conf (to edit it on your system run
/etc/netdata/edit-config health_alarm_notify.conf), like this:
# if a role's recipients are not configured, a notification will be send to:
# - A slack channel (syntax: '#channel' or 'channel')
# - A slack user (syntax: '@user')
# - The channel or user defined in slack for the webhook (syntax: '#')
# empty = do not send a notification for unconfigured roles
You can define multiple recipients like this:
# #alarms systems @myuser.
This example will send the alarm to:
- The recipient defined in slack for the webhook (not known to Netdata)
- The channel 'alarms'
- The channel 'systems'
- The user @myuser
You can give different recipients per role using these (at the same file):
Was this page helpful?
Need more help?
- Join our community
- Submit a bug or feature request for the FOSS agent
- Submit a bug or feature request for the Netdata cloud