Pushover Agent alert notifications
Learn how to send notification to Pushover using Netdata's Agent alert notification feature, which supports dozens of endpoints, user roles, and more.
This file assumes you have read the Introduction to Agent alert notifications, detailing how the Netdata Agent's alert notification method works.
This is what you will get:
Netdata will send warning messages with priority
0 and critical messages with priority
1. Pushover allows you to select do-not-disturb hours. The way this is configured, critical notifications will ring and vibrate your phone, even during the do-not-disturb-hours. All other notifications will be delivered silently.
You will need:
- An Application token. You can use the same on all your Netdata servers.
- A User token for each user you are going to send notifications to. This is the actual recipient of the notification.
- terminal access to the Agent you wish to configure
Configure Netdata to send alert notifications to Pushover
This file mentions editing configuration files.
- To edit configuration files in a safe way, we provide the
edit configscript located in your Netdata config directory (typically is
/etc/netdata) that creates the proper file and opens it in an editor automatically.
Note that to run the script you need to be inside your Netdata config directory.
It is recommended to use this way for configuring Netdata.
health_alarm_notify.conf, changes to this file do not require restarting Netdata:
PUSHOVER_APP_TOKENto your Pushover Application token.
DEFAULT_RECIPIENT_PUSHOVERto the Pushover User token you want the alert notifications to be sent to.
You can define multiple User tokens like this:
All roles will default to this variable if left unconfigured.
You can then have different User tokens per role, by editing
DEFAULT_RECIPIENT_PUSHOVER with the token you want, in the following entries at the bottom of the same file:
An example of a working configuration would be:
# pushover (pushover.net) global notification options
Test the notification method
To test this alert notification method refer to the "Testing Alert Notifications" section of the Agent alert notifications page.
Do you have any feedback for this page? If so, you can open a new issue on our netdata/learn repository.