Elasticsearch is a search engine based on the Lucene library.
This module monitors one or more
Elasticsearch instances, depending on your configuration.
- Local node metrics:
- Local node indices' metrics:
- Cluster health metrics:
- Cluster metrics:
Each endpoint can be enabled/disabled in the module configuration file.
Number of charts depends on enabled endpoints.
Local Node Stats
/_nodes/_local/stats endpoint. Controlled by
collect_node_stats option. Enabled by default.
- Indexing Operations in
- Indexing Operations Current in
- Time Spent On Indexing Operations in
- Search Operations in
- Search Operations Current in
- Time Spent On Search Operations in
- Refresh Operations in
- Time Spent On Refresh Operations in
- Flush Operations in
- Time Spent On Flush Operations in
- Fielddata Cache Memory Usage in
- Fielddata Evictions in
- Segments Count in
- Segments Memory Usage Total in
- Segments Memory Usage in
- Translog Operations in
- Translog Size in
- Process File Descriptors in
- JVM Heap Percentage Currently in Use in
- JVM Heap Commit And Usage in
- JVM Buffer Pools Count in
- JVM Buffer Pool Direct Memory in
- JVM Buffer Pool Mapped Memory in
- JVM Garbage Collections in
- JVM Time Spent On Garbage Collections in
- Thread Pool Queued Threads Count in
- Thread Pool Rejected Threads Count in
- Cluster Communication in
- Cluster Communication Bandwidth in
- HTTP Connections in
- Circuit Breaker Trips Count in
Local Indices Stats
/_cat/indices?local=true endpoint. Controlled by
collect_indices_stats option. Disabled by default.
- Index Health in
- Index Shards Count in
- Index Docs Count in
- Index Store Size in
/_cluster/health endpoint. Controlled by
collect_cluster_health option. Enabled by default.
- Cluster Status in
- Cluster Nodes Count in
- Cluster Shards Count in
- Cluster Pending Tasks in
- Cluster Unfinished Fetches in
/_cluster/stats endpoint. Controlled by
collect_cluster_stats option. Enabled by default.
- Cluster Indices Count in
- Cluster Indices Shards Count in
- Cluster Indices Docs Count in
- Cluster Indices Store Size in
- Cluster Indices Query Cache in
- Cluster Nodes By Role Count in
go.d/elasticsearch.conf configuration file using
edit-config from the
Netdata config directory, which is typically at
cd /etc/netdata # Replace this path with your Netdata config directory
sudo ./edit-config go.d/elasticsearch.conf
To add a new endpoint to collect metrics from, or change the URL that Netdata looks for, add or configure the
url values. Endpoints can be both local or remote as long as they expose their metrics on the provided URL.
Here is an example with two endpoints:
- name: local
- name: remote
For all available options, see the Elasticsearch collector's configuration file.
To troubleshoot issues with the
elasticsearch collector, run the
go.d.plugin with the debug option enabled. The
output should give you clues as to why the collector isn't working.
First, navigate to your plugins directory, usually at
/usr/libexec/netdata/plugins.d/. If that's not the case on your
netdata.conf and look for the setting
plugins directory. Once you're in the plugin's directory, switch
sudo -u netdata -s
You can now run the
go.d.plugin to debug the collector:
./go.d.plugin -d -m elasticsearch