Netdata Cloud On-Prem
Netdata Cloud is built as microservices and is orchestrated by a Kubernetes cluster, providing a highly available and auto-scaled observability platform.
The overall architecture looks like this:
The following components are required to run Netdata Cloud On-Prem:
- Kubernetes cluster version 1.23+
- Kubernetes metrics server (for autoscaling)
- TLS certificate for secure connections. A single endpoint is required but there is an option to split the frontend, api, and MQTT endpoints. The certificate must be trusted by all entities connecting to it.
- Default storage class configured and working (persistent volumes based on SSDs are preferred)
The following 3rd party components are used, which can be pulled with the
netdata-cloud-dependency package we provide:
- Ingress controller supporting HTTPS
- PostgreSQL version 13.7 (main database for all metadata Netdata Cloud maintains)
- EMQX version 5.11 (MQTT Broker that allows Agents to send messages to the On-Prem Cloud)
- Apache Pulsar version 2.10+ (message broken for inter-container communication)
- Traefik version 2.7.x (internal API Gateway)
- Elasticsearch version 8.8.x (stores the feed of events)
- Redis version 6.2 (caching)
- imagePullSecret (our ECR repos are secured)
Keep in mind though that the pulled versions are not configured properly for production use. Customers of Netdata Cloud On-Prem are expected to configure these applications according to their needs and policies for production use. Netdata Cloud On-Prem can be configured to use all these applications as a shared resource from other existing production installations.
Do you have any feedback for this page? If so, you can open a new issue on our netdata/learn repository.